SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN...
We are very excited to have the GNBA in the 2019 Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade! Only 3 More Sleeps!
The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade is scheduled for Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 11:00 am in Downtown Niagara Falls.
GNBA Parade Location – Jepson Street – Location #63
We are pleased to announce that Niagara College Broadcasting Program students will be hosting and filming the Parade this year and it will be aired LIVE on YourTV!
Aside from the LIVE coverage, YourTV will air the Parade on Sunday, November 17 at 9:00 pm, and Saturday, November 23 at 1:00 pm, and more air dates will be added closer to Christmas. YourTV will include it on their free Video On Demand Channel (Ch. 602), for Ontario Cogeco customers to watch on demand, at no cost. Jack from YourTV has told me that the Parade always get high numbers - great exposure for you, Niagara College and the City of Niagara Falls!
Keep reading and see attached for the latest Parade information.
Important - Road Closures:
Although the Parade begins at 11:00 am, we will require all vehicles and floats to set up in their parade position by 9:00 am.
Anyone walking or riding in the parade are welcome to arrive before 10:00 am, as Victoria Avenue will be closed at 10:00 am. Queen Street will be closed from 7:00 am.
Arrive early and avoid any traffic congestion.
Other Important Information:
- The Parade will begin on Saturday, November 16 at 11:00 am - Sharp!
- FREE Parade Shuttle, courtesy of Niagara Air Bus, from the King Eddy Parking Lot (at Queen & Zimmerman) between 8:00 am - 10:00 am.
- Free Parking for Parade participants and performers is available in the King Eddy Parking Lot at Zimmerman and Queen (enter from Zimmerman)
- Free Parking is available in all City Lots along Park Street,
- The Parade is 1.3 km in length.
- BUSES are welcome to park in the former Niagara Transit Lot at Bridge Street & Erie Avenue, across from the Train Station.
- Remember road closures will be in effect and only vehicles in the Parade are allowed into the Staging Area on Jepson and Armoury Streets.
- Marching Bands and Entertainers – please pick up your cheque after the Parade, in the Volunteer Office at 4321 Queen Street, across from City Hall.
During the Parade:
- The Salvation Army will be giving away free hot chocolate at Rosberg Family Park
- Tim Hortons Mobile Truck will be giving away free coffee and hot chocolate on Valley Way
- Free face painting, balloons and caricatures near City Hall
- Project SHARE will be collecting food donations along the Parade route
- Canada Post will be collecting letters to Santa along the parade route. Please remember to include a return address, so Santa can answer your letter!
• Visit Enbridge Gas for some swag at Queen and Ontario
• Enjoy Monfries Rum Cakes and Back Country Coffee Co. at Queen and St. Clair
After the Parade at Niagara Falls City Hall:
- Meet & Greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus in the 30’ inflatable Igloo
- Enjoy live entertainment and meet with the Winter Festival of Lights mascots
- Enjoy free face painting and caricatures
- Visit our sponsors: Brock Ford Sales, Dr. Sunny Sehgal from Dr. Sehgal Family Dentistry, and Renewal by Anderson
After the Santa Meet & Greet at Niagara Falls City Hall:
- Head to Queen Victoria Park for the Opening of the Winter Festival of Lights. Visit wfol.com for all the details.
During the Parade - Washroom Locations:
- City Hall, Rosberg Family Park, Taps on Queen Street, Armoury Street near Victoria and Jepson Street at Third Avenue
Santa Parade Event Schedule:
7:00 am Preparation for Parade along Staging Area (Armoury & Jepson Streets)
9:00 am Parade Formation - Staging Area along Armoury & Jepson Streets
11:00 am Official Parade begins
12:30 pm Parade finishes
12:30 pm Meet and Greet with Santa Claus at City Hall, 4310 Queen Street
12:30 pm Check out City Hall for the new 30’ Igloo, entertainment & visit some of our sponsors!
3:00 pm Meet and Greet ends
The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade will be hosted and filmed lived by Niagara College Broadcasting students and aired on YourTV and the City of Niagara Falls website. The Parade will also be covered by our local newspapers, radio stations, 4680Q, CHCH, Cable 16 in Hamilton, The Weather Network, as well as other media outlets.
Santa sponsor videos – enjoy and please share the videos!
Santa dropped in to see some of our sponsors – please share the videos from the City’s Twitter page, Facebook page, and Instagram.
Santa Carpool Karaoke:
Special Thanks to Niagara College Broadcasting Program, Westlane Secondary School & our elves. Check out the City’s Facebook page for this fun video and share!
Santa installed the big star on the Christmas Tree at City Hall:
Special Thanks to Santa and the Winter Festival of Lights for partnering on this special assignment! Visit the City’s Twitter feed or the Winter Festival of Lights Twitter or their Instagram for the video.
City website: www.niagarafalls.ca/santa
Remember to dress warm on Saturday!!
If you have any question please contact Richard Hollingsworth – Richard_Hollingsworth76@hotmail.com
GNBA Has Success at OBA's
Congratulations to 16u AA and 15u AA who both won OBA titles.
11u AA finalist and 12u AAA semifinalist.
And to all the teams that represented GNBA at OBA's across the province...GREAT SEASON to all players and coaches.
Message from the President:
The Greater Niagara Baseball Association, in 2019, is entering it's 88th year of offering organized baseball to the youth of Niagara Falls. The GNBA has a long history of volunteers that run our leagues, coach our young people and operate our tournaments throughout the summer months.
If you are looking for ways to volunteer...contact email@example.com
2019 GNBA President
PO BOX 641
4500 QUEEN ST.
Niagara Falls, Ont.